I try to use this blog as a way to keep our family and friends updated about our lives. Not as a way to whine about our issues, but this one may come across as a little whinny ; )
As I mentioned in my last post, Lucah has been sick. It started out as the innocent cough w/ some cuddle time from Mom, but turned into a full blown flu! Poor baby was throwing up (thinking this was from his drainage), fever, cough, and all! Spending so much couch time w/ my little sicky put me behind in my chores. So Saturday morning things were getting better so I decided to try and play catch up. Craig was gone and the Big and the Middle were occupied. I was upstairs doing laundry while Tristan happily jumped on his bed. I must tell that his bed is about a foot off the ground. If he have been jumping on my bed, as the boys have tried to get away w/ doing so many times before, I would have stopped him immediately. But again, his bed is a foot off the floor! Looked like fun ; ) I ran downstairs to grab another load of laundry and boom! When I got back upstairs he was on the ground screaming. I felt like the worse mother ever! Everyone knows you don't let your monkeys jump on the bed!!! After loving on him for about an hour I tried to set him down and found he couldn't stand on his right leg : ( We gave him the whole day thinking it was just sore, but by 3 he still couldn't walk. So, we dropped the Big and the Middle off at Nana and Papa's and took Tristan to the hospital (for 3 looooong hours!). X-rays showed that he had fractured his tibia. They said this is a common brake for kiddos his age. Has even been nicknamed the "toddler's fracture". It's just a hairline fracture and should heal really well. However, that has not made things much easier the past couple days. The first night he was up crying all night. Craig and I are already sleep deprived from being up w/ Lucah the past couple nights before. Last night was better, but not by much. Poor baby started coughing...just like Lucah! So, this morning I'm trying to decide if I should wait to take him in for the walking cast to avoid exposing him to the staff or save my back (we've been carrying him all day every day since Sat. morning). I took him in. He stayed in my arms the whole time and didn't cough or sneeze once (thank you God!) Cast is on and he should be able to get it off in a month. Now to get through his fever and pray that Craig, Caden, and I don't get it next!
T in the er w/ juice getting his temporary splint on.
Today after getting his walking cast on. Not happy when I set him down! Fever was kicking in : (
Realizing he can walk ; )
HAPPY!!!
Still won't walk if he doesn't have something to hold onto. Dr. said it could take a couple weeks before he'll walk on his own.
Heres are some randoms...
Lucah feeling sicky icky...and Jorge ; )
Lucah LOVES 3-D books!
Best dog ever!!!
Butterflys on our Lilac bush
Caden made this whole taco dinner and it was awesome!!!!!
Playing at Nana & Papa's after the er. Celebrating Tanner's b.d.
Cousin Keldyn
The Owl Babies
Boys football team
Love to you all!!!!!
Heather & Family




No comments:
Post a Comment