Pages

Friday, May 21, 2010

Welcoming Tristan!!!

Hello All,
He's finally here! My water broke last Wed. morning the 12th around 6am (exactly a week before our due date). This was just how Caden's labor started so I was a tad bit nervous and was really hoping to start contractions on my own this time w/o pitocin. Thankfully I did, because we had other things to think about. Wed. was the only day we didn't have a babysitter lined up for the boys! I wanted my Mom there w/ us to take pictures (thanks Mom!!!) and my Dad was out of town. It was also Craig's mandatory senior orientation day before starting his three week break. So a lot of our "on call" sitters were in this all day meeting that Craig was missing. We are so blessed w/ great friends and family though that were willing to take the day off work to help us out. Thanks Lindz and Tanner!!! This really helped us relax! Because Tristan came a little earlier than planned we weren't able to have our normal Dr. w/ us, but were blessed once again to have someone just as great and laid back that was willing to step back and let Craig do the whole delivery. Now a week ago I would have cringed at using the word delivery to describe the work preformed by anyone other than the mother, but as Tristan was making his way into the world I could hear (in between the very few potty words that slipped my mouth...oops!) Dr. Slack taking Craig through the delivery step by step and realized how much more went on down at the other end of things! I am soooooo grateful that Craig was able to deliver Tristan and that he did such a wonderful job!!! It was something that will always be incredibly special to me!!! So, Tristan Dean Miller was born at 3:28 pm weighing 8lbs and 20in long (Caden was 9lbs 3oz 22in & Lucah was 7lbs 4oz 21in all a week early). We still hadn't decided on a name for him and didn't until that evening when we had some time alone. We had two names picked out and neither of them were Tristan. The name just fit him though w/ all the noise he put out those first few hours ; ) We've always used family names for the boy's middle names and Dean was one of my uncle's middle name.
We are so thankful to God for one more healthly happy baby boy!!!
Since being home everything has gone really well. The boys were sick w/ colds at first, but thankfully Tristan made it w/o getting it too. Caden seems to be adjusting well. Lucah, however, has been a handful and then some!!! He really wants to be a part of things and is always trying to touch, poke and pinch Tristan when he's nursing. He does do a great job at helping burp him though ; ) It's hard watching him trying to grasp everything thats changing, but I know it will be really good for him in the long run.
I can't belive it's taken me longer than planned to get pics out. I'm still waiting for that energy burst to do some newborn pics of him in the studio, but it hasn't appeared yet. Between my Mom and I we have pictures on three different cameras too!!! The pics in the album I've done so far are just from my two, so I'm missing alot of pics. My G'ma is coming today for a visit though so I felt the need to get these out before I started building up more. So theres an album thru the link at the right called Tristan.
Thanks for everyone whos been helping us out (dinner ladies, etc.!!!) since becoming a family of five!!! We are so blessed and so grateful for you all being in our lives!
Love,
Heather, Craig, Caden, Lucah, and Tristan ; )

No comments: