So, I've realized that I don't have very much "me" free time during the summer ; ) It's ok though. I wouldn't trade having my boys home w/ me for anything! They're the main reason I blog in the first place. Because I haven't blogged in over a month though, I'm going to try and cram as much as I can into one explosive blog. You might want to grab a snack first ; )
We finally brought Johhny & Cash home! They're two months old right now and the boys are loving them! Even Jorge has developed a crush on them. He sleeps w/ them and has even started eating tree leaves w/ them : / That has me a little worried! I don't have much time to upload these so they're going to be mixed in w/ some misc. "out back" photos. I'll try to explain as I go...
This is a before/after of the back side of the house looking at the mud room door and spare bedroom door. Craig just built the deck this summer and I finally finished painting all the trim.
My aunt Ruan (NanaRu) holding our newest chick, Roxy.
Heres some of our flock. We have 8 total and will be staying at that number ; )
Our new Sultan, Roxy
Pearl, Cochin
Penelope, Dominque
Black (Snooky), Jersey Gaint
Ginny, Favrolles
Sam, Golden Laced Wyandotte
Tristan, 2 yr old boy lol!
Finally, here are our new "kids".
Johnny, Cash, and Jorge sleeping in the feed bin.
T passed out ; )
Playing soccer in the pasture. The boys start soccer next and I believe Craig will be asst. coaching.
Jorge munching on the leaves w/ the goats!
Soccer brake.
Door knob I'm trying to get off the old coop to put on the new one. If anyone knows how to remove these darn things please let me know!!!
This is the new goat house/ chicken coop Craig is building. We took down the original garage in the backyard and have been using some of the scrap materials to finally build this. We've wanted to rebuild the chicken coop since buying the house last summer. It has been built upon layer after layer over the years and is infested w/ mice living in between the spaces in the walls. This new coop has metal mesh lining the floor and will hopefully be mouse resistant. There is a wall dividing the goats from the chickens, the chickens will have a larger run coming off their side, and most importantly, Craig hooked up electrical so I can hang heat lamps w/ out running cords through the yard and each side has a light! I'm SO happy, can you tell?! ; ) I can't wait to finish it and tear down the old coop!
This next batch of photos is from the 4th of July:
Wade came to stay w/ us on his way from Phx (internship) to NY (residency)
We went to stay w/ my G'ma and Doug this summer in KS.
This was from the Shriners cajun dinner
Aunt Cathy, Kristin, Meme and Me ; )
Bubble guns from Grams in Phx! Coolest things ever!
My friend Jen that I grew up w/ in KS and her daughter, Brooklyn
My cousin Kristin and T
Cousins, Tyler & Lucah
Cousin Ashley & T
Swinging on vines behind my G'ma's house
Went to see Craig's sister & her family who live in Pittsburg, KS
Cousins Logun, Caden, Liam, Lucah, and T
Lucah helping Papa Doug w/ dinner
Checking out Lego Land!
Cousins Parker & Ashley
Hanging out at the lack w/ the Nichols family
Last group of pics! Craig's Gram's came to visit & the Miller's came up to visit too.
Boys playing in the sprinkler
Smoke from the High Park fire as it started. Taken from our backyard
Zoe
The sun through the smoke as the fire grew
Grams & Zoe
That is it for today! Phew ; )
Love you all,
Heather & Family

































No comments:
Post a Comment