Pages

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Red Feather Camping & Fishing

We usually "rough it" when we camp.  Well, our version of "roughing it" at least.  We tent camped one time after Caden was born and then decided investing in a camper was a good idea w/ kids ; )  I'm pretty spoiled w/ three beds, a kitchen, and a bathroom in our current camper and of course having the best "camping husband" in the world helps too!  Usually when we camp though, we go out in the middle of nowhere (our camper battery doesn't work well) and we always break something on the camper trying to get into the most secluded spot.  However, w/ all the rain we're not getting there are very few places allowing camp fires and what is camping w/o a camp fire?!?!?  So, we went to a paid site (yes, we paid to camp : /  )  so we could have our fire.  It turned out to be a beautiful site!  Right off Dowdy lake where we could walk a min. to fish.  The fishing ended up being the hit of the trip too!  The fish practically jumped at our lines!  So, here is our pictures ; )  


Tristan's #1 finger is his version of Craig's thumbs up ; )  















We took the raft out and explored all of those mini islands ; ) 











I don't know how Caden caught that fish!  I think it was stunned from being caught before and had Craig's hook in it still so they were trying to get their hook back.











Catching crawfish


Caden was fast!


Lucah didn't want to touch it at first...



But we finally talked him into it ; )


I had to include this pic, because I thought it was so funny.  Jorge took all of his treats and food and buried them around the camp site.  Not good for a place that has bears and mountain lions in the area.  There were signs posted saying to dispose properly of all food.  Jorge was leaving them treats to find though!  Another reason I'm glad we sleep in a camper!  Hopefully the chipmunks got to the food first.



I almost forgot!  The reason we went camping (or our excuse at least to pull the kids from school early ; )  was to celebrate Tristan getting his cast off!!!


And lastly, this is Caden w/ his 1st grade teacher, Ms. Maher, on his last day.  She was the best teacher and I hope Lucah gets her one day!!!



Love you All,
Heather and Family

No comments: