The Funeral
Living across the street from a cemetery we see funerals on a regular basis. Now and then it will be for a service man or woman and the boys and I will sit out front quietly and wait for the guns. Today was the funeral for Chief Warrant Officer David R. Carter who was killed in Afghanistan when the helicopter he flew was shot down. He was carried by a horse-drawn carriage and honor guard while a bagpipe played and the helicopters flew overhead. It was the largest funeral service I've ever seen. There was a endless sea of red, white, and blue flags mixed with mourners dressed in black. It was the hardest one to watch knowing this man we've never met gave his life fighting for a country we live in. I hope people are still praying for our men and women over seas and that they aren't slipping out of our minds.
It was beautiful to see so much patriotism. I took some photos from our front yard, but they don't have the emotion felt from watching. Heres a link to the Denver Post with some more...
photos.denverpost.com/.../2011/.../funeral-service-for-chief-warrant-officer...
Here are some of mine as we watched from our yard.
It was an honor to be able to watch the service and be reminded the sacrifice these men and women are making for us.
The Circus
Caden has a very good friend from school and I feel so blessed to know his family! His Mom has helped me so much over the past year w/ the move and just having my hands full w/ three kids ; ) They are truly great friends! Any way they got extra tickets to the circus and invited us! It was the boys first time and it was nothing less then amazing!!! Even Tristan was mesmerized! With the darkness and Tristan and Lucah switching off turns on my lap it was a little hard to get clear pictures but I did my best and here they are.
Heres a few misc...
Love you all,
Heather and Family



No comments:
Post a Comment