Pages

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Promise Kept!

When Craig and I were first dating (11 some years ago) he promised to give me a horse by the time I turned 30. He was then a cook at a restaurant and talking about culinary school. Funny how our road has led him to become a veterinarian instead (although he still cooks for me almost every night!). I've joked every year asking if my birthday present would be a horse. I even asked my Mom last week if Craig was getting me a horse this year! I was starting to think we'd have to extend that promise to 35 ; ) Now's not the best time for us to buy and stable a horse. So Craig thought of the next best thing and found a horse from a friend to lease for me! He surprised me by saying we were going downtown, but then headed north towards the stables instead. He's a beautiful, Chestnut, retired roping horse from WY and comes w/ his own gear ; ) He's stabled about 15 mins from our house so it's easy to see him often. His name is Charlie and he's the most stubborn horse I've ever ridden! I love him though!!!

And as if that wasn't enough for a lucky gal on her birthday Craig also rented a cabin for a night in Estes.  We took the boys w/ us and went to see Tangled (cute!) at the old Estes theater.  It snowed the whole night which was beautiful but it wasn't cold enough to stick. 

So I'm sure you all understand that with such an amazing birthday comes a ton of pictures ; )  The album is December thru the link at the right.
Love,
Heather and Family

No comments: