Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Craig's Doctoral Graduation and Tristan's 1st Birthday!!!

Wow!  I am so partied out right now!  We've spent the past four days celebrating Craig's graduation and Tristan's 1st birthday!!!  We are so grateful to have had all the family we did here for these two huge important events for us!!!  Thank you SO much to all of you who came, visited and/or sent cards!!!  It's been our lives to be intertwined w/ the vet school and the family we've made thru it for the past four yrs.  It's very bittersweet to be moving on from this chapter in our lives.  We almost feel lost w/o the normal routine we've had since we moved here 6 yrs ago.  Have no fear though as Craig will be starting his residency and PhD program next mos.  Here we go again!!!  We still will truly miss all of you that are moving on to different states though and hope to keep in touch as much as our schedules will permit.  We love you guys and you have been great family and friends to us and our boys!!!  Thank you!!!
So I'll start at the beginning of our events which was Craig's Doctoral Hooding.  He was chosen by the graduating class to give a speech at this event.  A huge honor!!!  You wouldn't believe it w/ all the talking he does, but Craig isn't comfortable giving speeches.  So he made it as short as possible and prepared a song instead.  Mudsnake style ; )  I was so proud of him!!!  He pulled it off so nicely making the class laugh yet not ticking off any off the professors!!!  They gave him a standing ovation!!!







The next morn he was given his Doctoral Diploma!!!  Its been so unreal to see "Doctor" before my Hubby's name ; )  Theres been very few times I've had to fight back tears from joy.  I'm so PROUD of you and honored to be your wife!!!








On to celebrating...











The band graced us w/ one FINAL preformance!!!

















Sniff    :' (   ...

Moving on...My folks threw Craig a wonderful graduation open house!  Thanks to everyone who made it!  I know there was a lot going on that weekend for everyone!!!

















My parent's friends Herb and Sherri gave Craig a sculpted pair of spurs explaining that when a cowboy does something challenging its said that he's earned his spurs ; ) and Craig had earned his!!! 

Our last event of the weekend was Tristan's 1st birthday party!!!  It was cloudy, but at least God held back the winds, rain, and flurries that were said to be around!!!
























Well, that all I have time for right now.  As you can imagine I have a ton more pictures to share thru the family album link at the top right side.  Make sure you have some time before sitting down to go thru these ; )  Theres a little more than a ton. 
Love, Heather and Family!!!


1 comment:

Sarah Sailer said...

Heather - I am so happy for you all... what great pictures (as always). It's amazing to see how time has flown by! This past week looks like it's been SO huge! Craig with his Doctorate and your baby's first birthday! Congratulations all around and big hugs from the Sailers xoxo
Sarah