Pages

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Our 8th Anniversary, Lucah's Fame, and More...

Hello Ya'll,
The boys and I have been laying low lately. Between my back, hips and sciatic nerve hurting I can barely move some days. I feel like my body is falling apart! God's hint that this should and will be our last. Any way, I have a lot to smush into this blog because the next week or so will be busy and full of pictures!!!
Craig and I just celebrated our 8th anniversary!!!!!!!! I didn't believed in fate and wasn't on good terms w/ God when I met Craig, but thankfully he changed that. It was eye opening to feel something that I thought was just make believe on Disney's part ; ) I was warned by so many people that we were too young to get married and being foolish, but I still don't regret any of our decisions together and I'm proud that although it's not always been smooth or easy we're still happily married and enjoying our path together. He is my best friend and I feel so blessed to have met him. We are staying at a cabin in Estes tomorrow to celebrate and I'm soooo looking forward to the down time. I always miss my boys when we're apart, but I've hardly seen Craig the past couple mos. He gets home and turns into an instant play gym for the boys ; ) I keep telling him he's gonna get his butt kicked when theres three of them! Hopefully we'll have some nice weather so I can get out for some pictures while we're up there!!! It's trying to happen...we're finally starting to see some life outside! Caden's been picking up beetles everywhere we go.
I'm hoping we can get out for some rocket time this weekend too! Yes...I made my pink rocket w/ sparkles ; ) She splits into two parts and has a parachute and a propeller to land gracefully! Heres a few pics of Lucah helping me build mine and working on the decor for his. You'll have to wait till the big day to see her finished!





Speaking of Lucah...I'm sure I blogged about Lucah's accident last summer when he was potty training, but I've had a few people look at me w/ blank stares...must not be reading my blog ; ) So, Lucah was potty training himself and wanted to do it like the big boys. No step stool or training potty for him! He didn't get the lid pushed back all the way one day and thats when it happened! A loud bang and high pitched horror scream. He barely reached the toilet at the time and it was in the right spot to be smashed. Blood was squirting out, it swelled up and turned black. Yes I have pictures, but no I won't post them ; ) So I took him into the er where he stayed until he was able to pee. We then had to push fluids for the next 24 hrs because it would clot w/ blood and made it painful to go potty (which would come out in three different streams!). He wouldn't pee by himself (inside) for six mos or so. So my point to this long story is that Parent's Magazine is publishing Lucah's story in the "It Happened to Me" section in this May's issue. He will have his picture (of just his smiling face) in there too! We're thinking of having a "signing" party for those who want to get a copy signed ; ) For those w/ potty training age boys, the woman I've been talking to from PM contacted a urologist who suggested getting a horse shoe toilet lid (like the ones in public restrooms). Craig taught Lucah after the accident to lean forward and hold the lid back while going and this also helped w/ his aim. We'll see what we do w/ the third little guy at that point, but we will be doing something to avoid this from happening again!

Craig's band Bog Spavin had their first show since adding to new members a couple mos ago. They've added another guitar and a trumpet and I honestly think it's the best they've ever sounded. It sounds so full and more fun. So, at a show I usually play it safe w/ my settings, but then you loose the concert vibe to the picture. So this time I decided to play around to get the lighting I wanted, but of course I can't ask the boys to hold still (just like my kids ; ) so the good shots were few and far between! Not to mention I wasn't as daring as normal being 7 mos prego. I could just see myself tripping over a cord and falling off the stage! Not worth that one good shot of the drummer in the back...sorry Wade ; )P I hope to get one good picture done of each member and then one grp shot, but this is what I have done for now.



They fill this place every time and it's probably 90% Vet students ; ) This is one section of the bar.


The boys and I leave next week to drive to Maddison w/ Craig and the band. We'll spend a few days there while they do school stuff and play a show and then we leave for Chicago and then down to KS. Can't wait to see you all along our way!

Heres a couple more pics of the model Amanada that I shot a few weeks back. She had asked me to do a picture similar to the one of Marilyn Monroe w/ the bandana for her. I planned on doing a vintage rendition of this picture, but this is all I've done for now. I'm trying really hard to limit the time I'm sitting at the comp. You'd think sitting would help, but sometimes I hurt worse after working at the comp. all day then I do being up on my feet!
This is a crop of a larger picture that I'm still working on as well. My "to do" file is getting bigger ; )


Sorry this is a long one. Only one more thing and then I'm done until we get back from the Maddison trip...I think ; )

The boys and I went to down town Children's Day yesterday and heres the pics from that.




Love and miss you all,
Heather and Family






No comments: